I always find manifestos very inspiring and see what a large variety of guidelines they provide. Just for an exercise, to re-evaluate what I do and how I should proceed, I tried to write a manifesto for myself. I say “tried” because it is still a work in progress.
Below there are some more artworks, links and examples from other manifestos.
- Be kind. Be patient.
- Help others but also beware that it should not be taken for granted. If they do not value your time or effort, find the ones who do.
- Appreciate help from others.
- Have a high standard of quality in everything you make.
- Make an effort to meet new people, listen to their ideas. Collaborate with them if you are interested. Be part of their interest and let them into your own world of curiosity.
- Enjoy what you do. If you are not but still have to do the task, find what it can teach to you. In the worst-case scenario, you will learn what you do not enjoy.
- Stay positive. Surround yourself with people you inspire you that you can learn from and give you positive vibes.
- Whatever you design or make should serve some good purpose to someone or something else. If it does not, if it just exists for the sake of existing, re-evaluate your work.
- Do not forget to have fun, see the people you love, and spend time with your family and friends. They will still be around in the hardest times.
- Do not give time to someone who does not appreciate your time.
- Eat healthy, sleep well and spend time outside to walk, run or cycle.
- Travel. You learn so much by going to places.
- Read. Make time to read good stories and ideas.
- Be confident. If your intuition is telling you that you are in the right path, give it a try.
- When in doubt, try both ideas to see where it leads. The one that you can make the most of it is the one to choose.
- Do not be afraid. Going through something you do not know will make you stronger when it is experienced.
- Remember, “Happiness is an inside job. Don’t assign anyone else that much power over you life.”
- Stay away from the people who gossip. They will talk behind you as well.
- Stay up late for the good conversations. Wake up early for a productive day.